Saturday, October 9, 2010

Neo-Crocker 2010

           Today I went to lunch with my cousins that live in Sacramento. We went to a local sandwich shop only looking for a good lunch and nothing else.  On my way out I saw something that stood out of the corner of my eye; it was a brochure.  At first I wasn’t sure what it was supposed to be for, but after a little bit of reading I realized it was for an art event.  It’s called the Neo-Crocker modern culture party, it is held every year at the Crocker Art Museum in Down Town Sacramento.   On a normal day at the museum you would see art works by Albert Bierstadt, Xavier Martinez, William Keith, and Thomas Hill.  But on the night of the Event the atmosphere of the entire museum changes. It transforms from an elegant place of art to a young modern party scene.  This party is unlike any other art event that is put on.  They set up the entire museum with djs, strobe lights, bars and you can even paint all over the walls! It is a very unusual event but yet sounds like such a blast.  Without that advertisement that caught my eye I probably wouldn’t have ever known that this event existed.  This proves the point of design and that it truly does matter.  If the museum had made these flyers out of regular white paper with black ink I would never have picked it up.  They made it so eye-catching that I couldn’t resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment